This very simple building was designed by Eduardo Vittoria (1956-1959).
Located on a podium to circumvent the difference in height of the road, the building is made up of three blocks arranged in a C around a central patio with a transparent lightweight shed roof overhung in iron and glass where the control station is located. Above these are burnished steel plate chimneys arranged in accordance with the three marine type boilers which have now been removed that supplied the necessary power to the whole industrial complex. Every area hosts a special type of machinery used for producing energy which was designed by taking into account the space needed for the internal movements and the loss of heat produced by the plants. From the exterior, similar to the other technical buildings for production design by Vittoria in Ivrea have, over time, become useful design models for the Olivetti Technical Office.
The prestige of the covering materials used, the colours, the laying of simple modular systems and the flower box help one to understand the personal research of Vittoria concerning industrial architecture topics which in Ivrea led to designs far from the functional architecture of the 1920s. The plant worked uninterruptedly from 1959 to 2003, before being replaced with a new cogeneration plant. The building is currently empty and asbestos removal interventions are underway.